Saturday, September 24, 2011

Every Sailor Needs a Pair of Balls!

As a power boater, that's what I've always thought about sailors. Then, Ken Hesterberg, commodore of the Chesapeake Cruisers Association sent me the link to the video shown below. The video answers the question at the top of all of our minds:

How does a sailboat with an 80-ft. mast pass under a 65-ft. bridge? It takes big balls, of course.



You won't find this technique in your edition of Chapman Piloting or in the Power Squadron's Sail course.

What is more amazing is that this captain single-handed the maneuver.

"I can do that, but I don't wanna." ~Bart Simpson

I took the summer off to do summer stuff, but will update the site over the next few days with posts I've been saving up. Have fun and be safe on the water. On land, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment